Saturday, May 16, 2009

not ground 0...mile 0


There are 100 of us Chateau RV travelers taking these RV's up to Anchorage for the Great Alaskan HOliday folks. (We did hobnob with the owner, Darrell, in Iowa when we picked our RV up). n Some left on the Saturday with us and some left the next day on Sunday. SO we keep running into (not literally) one or two or 6 of them at certain destinations...depending on which route they chosen to drive. We met a couple from Virginia today who snapped this photo for us. They are doing this trip in 11 days...so are busting buns to get to Anchorage. They rented an RV last year for 16 days and saw tons of sights then. They told us to go to Skagway, so we are looking at that route now...(if it agrees with micky's minute by minute time table...)
I said, "Oh so now we are at ground zero and start up the Alaskan Highway." He didn't really laugh, but said, "Oh not ground zero...itis MILE ZERO. I am originally from New York and my brother was in the next building over from the towers and he is still not right in his mind and his lungs are bad now because of all the smoke he inhaled...." I hadn't really thought of all the other innocents wholived through that ordeal...who might have repercussions from that awful day still living the nightmare....

I do count my blessings...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment