This sweet boy...(thank heavens we are still alive to tell thistale...) drove with us from Carmack to
Dawson City...We met him at the Cinnamon bun place and he said he was going down the road...I thought just a few miles and asked him if
he needed a ride...he said, "that would be great..." when we came to the next little town I said where are you getting off? and he said, "Dawson city" like 6 hours down the road.....AWHAT???? I looked at micky...his face gave nothing away...but i knew i was in big doodoo...so i said a prayer to ask for protection....(what DID he have in that backpack???) was he a mass murderereereere??? I was having a panic attack at one point and thought...when we stopped for an icecream cone...Hurry micky let's ditch him while he is inthe bathroom!!!!" Mike said he was thinking the same thing, not that he was scared, but that he couldn't stand the stench for 5 more hours!!!!!!
then he made a phone call at one stop on a pay phone and when he got back into the rv, he said, that he had just been dumped by his girlfriend who he thought was going to be his fiance....poor kid (was this just a ploy to get us to feel bad for him while he stabbed us withour backs tohim????) He quoted poetry by Robert Service? (i thinkthe guy who wrote Sam McGeecremation...) Klondike something? anyway, he was a great kid...had backpacked around the world actually....and i actaully had someone to "CHAT" with andthe time just flew by....lol (He had NEVER heard any of my stories and micky had his deaf ear to me...plus the rv is so loud...windy, rattlly...uninsulated, drafty, clangy NOISY....that I don't think our friend (he was part americanindian..i can't remember his name..i'll call him smytty with a Y that is his last name...but his father helped start the ididerod mushing race...andraises 60 dogs...and he is racing in the Yukon river race in June if he is still friends with his x-girl friend as she was going to help him row in a canoe inthe race???) heard a word I said...lol At least I got my 20,000 words in for the week.....or day?
I worry about him, now he is in Dawson city alone, depressed, suicidal? manical pychopathicly motivated to do something drastic in that little ghost town....wait til the tourists come in a few weeks...andthen I will see if he is ont he front page of the Dawson newspaper???!!!
I should have adopted him and brought him on our journey.....He could shower in our rv and sleep over the cab in the other bed......
Hurry Micky let's go back to Dawson and get our other boy!!!!

Sheesh! You need to be careful!! You need to write a book about your experiences!! SO great!!
ReplyDelete